The parents Committee is a permanent Commission.
The Director is appointed by the president upon the recommendation of the Nominating Committee.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the liaison between parents and USA Karate AZ
- Recommend parent representative to serve on the committee
- Assign duties and functions to the members
- Lead the development of FOCUS articles for parents in USA Karate AZ newsletters
- Hold and lead conference calls with parents Committee members to discuss relevant issues, communicate rule changes or other issues
- Initiate and hold conference calls and meetings with the parents committee to discuss issues
- Reports to corporation committee
- Parent of a competitive athlete
- Knowledge of Karate competitor
- Strong communication skills